Go-Lee is to make your breakfast savory. It is usually served on breakfast on usual occasions but also cooked on special occasions as well. Normally it is best with a Namkeen Chai, but you can eat it with simple chai if you feel uncomfortable with the namkeen thing. Giyaling is a local occasional dish of a Hunza valley. It is specially made on the occasion of Gianni, and Ginani is an event which is performed after the cultivation of a crop especially the wheat. In the month of May and June when wheat began to prepare, all the owners of a land go to their fields to enjoy the Ginani event with Giyaling. Recipe of Giyaling. Flat bread, made with whole grain flours, rich in vitamin B-17. it is served by spreading butter on bread, on extraordinary events. Try to prepare Golee at home by looking at this recipe for Golee.
Ingredients and utensils for Golee/Giyaling.
|Salt||As per taste.|
|Water||2 cups. Milk optional.|
|Butter (Desi Ghee)||200g|
|Cooking Oil||1 tsp|
Preparation of Giyaling.
- Take a large deep bowl.add flour, a table spoon butter and salt to taste.
- Whisk eggs well and add them to the flour bowl.
- Add water and whisk all the ingredients until they are mixed well.
- You can add a pinch of baking powder but it’s optional.
- Heat a pan over moderate heat and grease it with cooking oil.
- Fill coffee scoop of mixture and spread it on the preheated pan adjust the heat
- if the temperature is right it will turn golden/brown underneath in 50 seconds.
- If it is golden flip it to cook the other side and cook it for another 40 seconds.flip it again
- and cook for 15 seconds
- when Go-lee is cooked well shift it on a platter take a table spoon of butter and spread well.
- repeat the process(step 6-9) to make another Go-lee.